MARCIA MEDIATION IN FAMILY SETS OUT 10 things to AVOID when going through Divorce.
- HIT LIST NUMBER ONE; DO NOT REFUSE MEDIATION
MEDIATION WORKS . It is Precious. POSITIVE. Productive. NOT PRICEY. 90% of cases are agreed by mediation. Why would you not use it?
2. HIT LIST NUMBER 2: FORGETTING TO PUT THE KIDS FIRST (and Teddy bear)
Children can become sad and depressed when you split up. With planning, this can be avoided.
3.HIT LIST NUMBER THREE; You actually want to DEFEND the Divorce
Don’t even think about it. It is time to move forward, not backwards.
4.HIT LIST Number 4; stop speaking to your ex.
This will only upset your kids and cost a lot of money in communicating through solicitors. You need to talk.
5. Hit list number FIVE ; BLAME YOUR SPOUSE FOR EVERYTHING
Chances are you are both equally responsible. It is what it is.
6. Hit List NUMBER 6; ASSUME YOU WILL WIN AT COURT
You have no idea what the judge is thinking. There is a SUBJECTIVE element.
7. Hit List number 7; Get more in debt.
Divorce is expensive. Now is not the time to spend.
8. Hit list Number 8; Don’t refuse Therapy- No. No. No.
Change is not easy. It is possible. Therapy can show you a bright light at what might seem a very long tunnel. Seek it out!
9. HIT LIST NUMBER NINE; DON’T FORGET TO CHANGE YOUR WILL
Unless you want all your money to go to your ex!
10. HIT LIST NUMBER 10; Don’t sell your ex’s STUFF! (including the dog)
You will end up back in court. And that is not where you need to be.
Family Mediation is a positive process that allows you to accept where you are now, and facilitates new beginnings; for the benefit of your children; for the benefit of each of you.
For further guidance please speak to Marcia Lister. 07791560161.